The CVBMDC was founded in 1990 and is recognized as a regional club by the Bernese Mountain Dog Club of America. The club was established to serve the needs of all Bernese Mountain Dogs and club members. Most of our club functions and events take place in the Atlanta, GA area, but our members extend all over the southern states.
Our Club Objectives Are As Follows:
- To provide for the care and welfare of BMDs.
- To educate BMD owners, exhibitors and breeders as well as the general public on the history, development, natural qualities and working abilities of the breed.
- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of purebred BMDs and do all that is possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- To urge breeders and members to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the AKC as the only standard of excellence by which BMDs are judged.
- To advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at the conformation shows, obedience trials, draft tests, etc.
- To protect the breed from exploitation by encouraging responsible breeding practices, and to commit to the rescue of any berner in trouble.
If you are interested in joining our club, please complete the membership application below, and send to Lisa Ellis, 351 Grant Park Place SE, Atlanta, GA 30315 or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will be happy to send you one. By signing the membership application you also agree to abide by the constitution and by laws which are appended to the bottom of the membership application. You must also sign the Code of Conduct, also included.